Tuesday, June 14, 2011

eating schedule and working out

Considering I am joining a gym, I need to be even more diligent about what I eat. Or rather, when I eat. A lot of people don't realize that you really do need to eat more food (not less! no dieting!) when you're working out. Ideally, when a person is working out they should eat 4-5 small, but decently sized meals a day. Roughly every 3 or 4 hours. A lot of times I'm at work and busy and cannot find the time to eat, or I simply don't feel like eating. I have a few plans in place to ensure I'm eating well, and eating regularly. First, prepare food beforehand. This is probably the most important. I would hate to be at work, or out somewhere and have to buy some crappy food because I wasn't prepared with my own. In addition to preparing my food the next day the night before, I'm also planning on boiling several eggs. Since I now will be waking up at 5:15 am to get to the gym (ugh, even seeing myself type that, I think, "are you effing kidding me?") I plan on having either raw yogurt or a hard boiled egg before my workout to get me through, and then a protein shake afterward. The protein powder I have is not only organic, but raw whey! I also have raw liquid whey from my farmer. It is important to consume protein within fifteen minutes of your workout to help refuel and rebuild your muscles. I plan on having a breakfast similar to what I had today,


Don't know why it's sideways but whatever, two eggs cooked in butter, raw yogurt with raw honey and a glass of raw milk (plus two fermented cod liver oil pills). Would've had coconut oil also, but I forgot.

Eating several small meals throughout the day also helps boost your metabolism. Another trick I've used since I started eating well is making way more food for dinner than I can physically consume by myself. Then I always have leftovers the next day. The key is not to overeat, but to eat regularly. I'm super excited to get back in the gym and lift some weights! Exercising has always made me feel a lot better mentally and physically, here we goooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment