Tuesday, June 7, 2011

chicken, healthy living summit sold out

Dinner last night had to be quick. I got a haircut after work so by the time I made it home I was starving. I took some chicken out of the freezer yesterday morning to thaw, so I decided to do something with that. And I was craving cilantro.

-chopped chicken
-one medium onion
-butter
-chicken stock (I got REAL stock, from the farm!)
-spinach
-grape tomatoes
-cilantro

I sauteed all of the ingredients, adding the cilantro and spinach toward the end. I also made some sauteed mushrooms, considering I am addicted to them.


For some reason, I served myself these stupidly small portions! I have no idea why. I should have went with my usual decently sized meal, because I ended up snacking on a bunch of stuff and feeling gross, and not satiated! But the chicken was delicious.


The stock really lended a delicious flavor, and stock is so healing for the gut. I'm stoked that I have leftovers (and more mushrooms) for lunch.

Today, is not the best day I've ever had. We're pretty  busy at work, I haven't found the time to eat my usual snack so I'm a little cranky. And on top of that, I found out that tickets to Healthy Living Summit in Philly are sold out. I'm super, super blown about this. I was so stoked to go to my first blogging community event, and Philly is just a short drive away from DC. I'm hoping I can get tickets to FoodBuzz in San Francisco. And I'm also hoping that someone can sell me their HLS ticket. Oh well though, there's always next year. I'm gonna keep my head up. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment