Wednesday, June 15, 2011

better than pf chang's chicken wraps

I've been up since 5:15 and I feel GREAT! I made an awesome dinner last night, watched Teen Wolf (yeah, yeah, I know) from 8-9 and was in bed by 9:30. The sky was not entirely dark yet, and it was honestly kind of nice to get to sleep at that hour. Despite being woken up around 1am, (a drunk Kait was convinced I was calling her name, once I convinced her that I did not, she said "creepy" and closed my door) I slept pretty well. I got up easily, chugged some raw yogurt just to have something in my stomach, and headed to the gym, which is about a 5 minute drive. I used to go to the gym with Mike and Nick and considered them sort of my personal trainers, I'd either do whatever workouts they were doing or Mike would tailor one for me. But today I was all on my own, and based my leg workout off of Meg's leg workout. I threw some random things in there but overall did a really similar workout. My legs seriously feel like noodles. Once I got home I had raw milk with Warrior Whey protein and got ready for work.

Dinner.
I was surprised at how well dinner turned out last night since I just randomly threw some ingredients together with chicken


-liquid aminos
-annie's organic worcestirshire
-hoisin
-sesame oil
-rooster sauce (my favorite)

A little bit of everything, except the hot peppers on the far left, I served them on the side. I got them at the downtown Silver Spring farmers market and they are BOMB. I also added two large cloves of garlic, cayenne and some ginger.

I put raw onion and carrot in the lettuce wraps before topping them with the chicken.



I also had an avocado sprinkled with sea salt on the side.


Tonight after work I'm going to Barcode for dinner. I'm really excited, I've only  been there after hours when it turns into a club/lounge/bar. As for right now, I'm going to dominate some hard boiled eggs as my second consistent meal of the day.

This post is part of Real Food Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment