Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Eats

I'm so happy to be back! This weekend was pretty chill, it's the first weekend in a while I didn't have any specific obligations which was really nice. On Sunday afternoon I hit up a yoga class at Buddha B. It was my first yoga class ever and I loved it. I'm much more flexible than I thought. It was so relaxing and my legs felt like jelly when I was walking to my car. Though I'm not exceedingly sore today, which is good because I need to get a leg workout in after work.

 For Sunday's breakfast I wanted something just simple, but not too plain. A Mexican-ish breakfast emerged:
Eggies, half an avocado, chipotle salsa and cilantro.

This weekend I made probably the best salad I've ever made. The thing is, I'm not really good at making salads. I suck at salad dressings. Usually salads just don't come together for me very well. This salad was different.
-romaine lettuce
-chicken
-tomato
-avocado
-onion
-cilantro
-chipotle powder
-chili powder
-olive oil

I poached the chicken (which is just boiling it) using chipotle and chili powder. Once it was done I shredded it. To this I added even more chipotle and chili powder along with olive oil (and S&P), this was the dressing. I chopped up all the veggies and herbs and tossed it all together. I was literally surprised at how good a salad I had made.

Close up.


On Saturday Kait and I hit up downtown Silver Spring for the farmer's market/Whole Foods. A crafts festival was happening, which was amazing. And check out this stand! Kait got a funnel cake, which I tried. God, I forgot how delicious funnel cake is.

And just in case anyone forgot how cute Caedus is:

I hope everyone has a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment