Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sticky Rice and Birthdays

So the other night for Mike's birthday, Nick, Dale, Renee and I headed out to Toki Underground. Upon arriving, we realized just how small the restaurant was. It sat about 25, and a wait for 5 people was going to be about an hour and a half. So we instead decided to go to Sticky Rice since it was a couple storefronts away. I like the atmosphere of Sticky Rice, it's just a fun place. I got the coconut noodles,
Sauteed shrimp and vegetables in a coconut pepper
sauce finished with cucumbers, crushed peanuts
and toasted coconut. (Slightly spicy) Choice of noodles...
(I added tons of rooster sauce)
And a godzilla roll:
crunchy shrimp, cream cheese, avocado, spicy sauce, cucumber, with crunchies and tobiko
Mike got two Alaska rolls and a Cali roll (and also ordered scallops that are unpictured and awesome)
Renee got fried mushrooms (it makes me so happy to find a fellow mushroom lover!), dumplings and a Cali roll
Unfortunately, whatever Nick and Dale got went unpictured. But we did split a bucket of tots with that amazing sauce they serve 'em with:

I love that this Asian joint serves tots! Overall it was an awesome dinner with amazing friends. Thanks again to Renee for dinner!

Looking at these pictures makes me pretty hungry, but considering I haven't eaten today it's really not too bad. I've been drinking a ton of water. When I get home I'll probably have some raw milk and maybe a bowl of yogurt with raw honey. I'm unsure if or what I'll have for dinner. But it will be the usual, veggies/protein/fat. I'm thinking lettuce wraps with shrimp, peppers and guacamole? We'll see. Hope you're having an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment