Monday, April 11, 2011

Quick Vegetable and Chicken Curry

This weekend I consumed a lot of food that I simply forgot to take pictures of. On Friday I went to a club in Dupont Circle with some friends, and had a vegetarian empanada at a joint next door to the place. In all honesty, it wasn't that good. On Saturday, Kait, Tasha, Nick, Mike and I went to Acapulco spirit for brunch. I ordered the shrimp fajitas, but didn't eat the tortillas, it was pretty good. And the best thing I've been eating lately that I also forgot to take a picture of is Elevation Burger! The meat is grass-fed and the place is finally up and running, and located a good one minute away from my house. Since I'll probably be eating these burgers regularly, I'll be sure to take pictures in the future. And now for a recipe: Indian food!

I really enjoy Indian food. It's spicy and full of flavor. I've also never made it before. I thought it couldn't be that hard, I already had bought curry powder from Trader J's. I was right, this was a super simple and delicious dinner.

Ingredients:
-butter
-onions
-garlic
-canned tomaters
-spinach (which I forgot to add)
-carrots
-broccoli
-chickpeas
-chicken
-cilantro
-curry powder
-chipotle powder (optional, but I love it)
Sautee onions, garlic, carrots and spinach in butter. Then add the can of tomatoes (and water if necessary), broccoli, chicken (diced) and chickpeas. Add the curry powder, cilantro and chipotle (gave it such a nice smokiness) and let it simmer until everything is cooked through. I topped it with more cilantro (which is great for removing toxic heavy metal from your body).
It was fullll of flavor, you can even see it:
This meal came together so quickly and easily. Again, no excuse not to cook for yourself!
For more recipes checkout the Healthy Home Economist!

No comments:

Post a Comment