Monday, April 18, 2011

Chicken Parm Attempt II

I'll be honest, I didn't like my last attempt at chicken parmesan all that much. I blame the breading. This time, I rolled with a simpler and more traditional recipe.

-1 can diced tomatoes
-2 cloves garlic
-half jar spaghetti sauce
-raw cheddar (or mozzarella)
-pecorino romano (or parmesan, but I love pecorino)
-butter
-4 pieces of chicken

Sear the four chicken breasts in butter over high heat, creating a sort of crisp on each side. While you are doing this, add the diced tomatoes and garlic to a food processor. You can definitely omit this, but I had a can of tomatoes that needed to be used. Once the chicken is seared, add that to a baking pan with the diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce. Cover liberally with cheese, cover with tin foil and bake at 400 until the center is no longer pink.

You see all that cheese?!

I also made it with one of my all time favorite side dishes. Sauteed cabbage and onions! I'm aware that most people are not big cabbage fans. I am. I attribute this to my grandmother, who often made amazing cabbage recipes when I was growing up.

-shredded cabbage
-chicken stock
-garlic
-onions
-butta

Add the shredded cabbage, sliced onion and garlic to a pan and just cover with chicken stock. Let it reduce, then add butter. Saute until desired tenderness.
I loved this dinner and I'll probably make it again soon. The tangy, tomato-y, cheesy chicken was great with the buttery cabbage and onions. Protein, veggies, fat. For more recipes check out Monday Mania.

Tonight I'm going to clean my room, get in a workout, make stuffed peppers, force myself to make veg juice and chill, maybe on my roof. Hope you have a nice night!

1 comment:

  1. This would make for a good family dinner.
    The cabbage sounds delicious AND easy!
    Thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete