Tuesday, May 31, 2011

toof removed, food and fun

I got my tooth out! Thank god. It was seriously painful, and having an unhealthy mouth can actually leech toxins into the rest of your body and bloodstream. No bueno, friends. I went to NIHA, a holistic medical center in Friendship Heights. They were amazing. Having a numb face really freaked me out at first, and I felt like I was going to swallow my tongue. The assistant/hygienist (not really sure of her title) sat down and talked to me until my panic passed. They even got me a blanket and tucked me in! The doctor, Dr. McClure was also great. Everyone was super friendly and the procedure wasn't painful (thanks to Novocaine). They also did not prescribe me antibiotics, but alternative homeopathic medicines to ensure I don't get infected, or bruise/swell too badly. They are working. I've also noticed that the lymph node on the left side of my neck (the side my tooth was on) that has been swollen for years, is becoming much less swollen. I absolutely recommend this place. Here is a picture of my stupid, swollen face:


I'm icing my swollen jowls. Not the happiest of campers.

After the procedure I was feeling pretty out of it, so I spent the rest of the day in bed. My buddy Mike brought me organic chicken noodle and butternut squash soup which was super nice of him. I made sure to drink lots of raw milk and dominate some raw yogurt and raw honey. When I was feeling well enough to chew, I was seriously craving pasta. I hadn't had any in a little while so I figured I'd make some. It was delicious.
-noods of choice
-onions
-butter
-garlic
-parsley
-tomatoes
-paprika
-cayenne
-pecorino romano

Saute the onions, garlic and tomatoes in butter. Lots of butter. Of course. At the end, add the parsley, paprika, cayenne and pecorino. Toss with the pasta.


Legitimately one of the best pastas I've ever made.


So, so good. And super simple. Simple food is the best food.

On Saturday we had a cookout and I went grocery shopping at Yes! Organic Market. I found the best deals, I was so stoked. Look at this!


3 avocados and jalapenos and an onion for 78 cents!


Peppers and tomaters for 51 cents!


More avocados, tomatoes and jalapenos. I must've bought like, 5 of these bags. I got so much produce. I chopped up all the veggies and threw 'em on the grill later that day. I made guac with all of the avocados.

The next morning I made breakfast for Ali, Mike and myself. Steak and eggs! Except Ali is weird and didn't want filet mignon. Not sure how anyone could pass that up.

Mike's plate:


My plate:


I cannot eat squash, but I did make some for him and Ali. I have no idea why, but is destroys my stomach. It just gives me awful stomach cramps. Like, terrible. It's weird.

On Sunday I went to Beaver Dam! Beaver Dam is a quarry that was filled. There are diving boards, jumps, and a huge rope swing. Super fun, and despite my several applications of sunblock, I of course got burned.

Quick breakfast Monday morning was eggs smothered in mushroom brie, and mushrooms on the side.


Been dominating mushrooms lately.


On Sunday Ali, Sara, Kait and I were supposed to see Bridesmaids, but since the theater was insanely crowded, we went to Mcginty's instead.


Sara.


Kait.


Ali. And her Mediterranean platter:


I had such a great weekend but I'm bummed that Ali heads back to Kentucky tomorrow. I'm glad I got to see her though and I'm stoked to be making her a meal plan. Anyway, have a great week and happy summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment