Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Coconut Flour Tacos

Last night's dinner was not as successful as I'd hoped. It happens.


I added the wrong amount of batter to the pan, so my first three were too small, while my last one...



...was too big. It engulfed the entirety of the pan. And came out like this:


Very large. For the smaller ones that didn't turn out, I just loaded meat, veggies, lacto fermented salsa, raw sour cream and cheese on top. For the meat:
-1 lb beef with organs
-cumin
-chipotle
-onion
-red pepper
-garlic
chili powder



A tortilla! A real one! That I made!


After one pretty unsuccessful bite, I realized it was way too soft and soggy to eat like a real tortilla. Don't get me wrong, the flavor was great and I couldn't even taste coconut...but it just was not durable like a real tortilla. So I ate it like a salad! Just as good and less messy. As usual, I made enough to have for lunch today.

After dinner I was craving something sweet. So this happened:


I mixed in some raw honey. I love this particular brand of almond butter because it's SO creamy.

So, in regards to working out, it's not something I enjoy doing. I usually find it boring. And I hate making myself do it, until I actually am working out. I think I built up a stigma because when I was in 8th grade, my crazy mom made me go to the gym every single day after school, and usually wouldn't pick me up until they closed. But I can't deny that I feel better when I work out. It's a well known stress reliever and is good for the body, and not just because we're building muscle. Exercising stimulates the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is responsible for removing toxins, waste, dead blood cells, debris, etc out of our system. Therefore, exercising is also good for our organs. Anyway, my mood is so improved when I workout. I definitely had pep in my step on the way to work today. I also love seeing my body change and improve. Since I stick to at home workouts, I love Body Rock. I also look to the Fitnessista for workout advice. Tonight I plan on doing her leg workout and then abs workout. I always adjust a little to suit the equipment and space that I have. Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty stoked to workout. Hopefully this work day goes fast for everyone because I want to go home! Thinking about making stuffed burgers for dinner.

For more recipes that are a tad more successful than the one above, check out Real Food Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment