Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Salmon and Veggies and Steak Omelette

Since I've dropped a lot of money lately, I'm trying to use up most everything in my fridge and pantry before I go grocery shopping again (although I'll have my milk/yogurt/meat delivered on Thursday, because I do that every Thursday). I know I definitely have enough to last me, it's just a matter of utilizing all of the ingredients, and not getting fancy, thus necessitating new ingredients. There's a saying that most people are 9 meals away from anarchy. This is because the typical household only has enough food for 9 meals. When I first heard that, I thought it was ridiculous. But considering how little people cook for themselves these days, it makes sense. I am not on that boat, and I need to get better about using what I have on hand. Anyway, last night I was peepin' around figuring out what I could use and came upon salmon and veggies. I sauteed the salmon with butter and a little chicken stock. I used my leftovers from the Fajita Coast burrito for the veggies and shrimp on top. I tossed the actual burrito and rice. Grains=no go. I also had my green beans:
-1 can green beans
-half large onion
-butter
Saute.
Veggiieesss. You can't even see the salmon.

Then, this morning Mike texted me a picture of one of his ridiculous omelettes. A filet mignon omelette! Ridiculous. And awesome.
-eggs
-filet mignon
-tomatoes
-green peppers
-zucchini
-cheese


Put my measly eggs and bacon to shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment