Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Quick Lunch Idea

This morning I was in a huge rush. I only had a half hour to down some kefir (I've been managing the candida [overgrowth of yeast in the gut] issues pretty well, but I don't know what's up, it's back with full force), make breakfast and lunch, down some raw milk, fill two water bottles and be on my way. I always try to eat fermented foods (kefir, lacto fermented salsa, yogurt) as well as raw milk. The good bacteria in these kills the bad bacteria, and helps regulate candida issues. As I've said before, it's estimated that 80% of the population have candida, especially if you eat a typical diet. Hell, even I have it. Limiting grains, processed foods and sugar is necessary, not only for candida but for imptimum health.

Anyway, I hard boiled three eggs for breakfast. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done. I chopped up half a red pepper, half an onion and a roma tomato and sauteed in butter. I threw a piece of salmon in a pot of hot water and turned it on to boil. I added organic marinara to the satueed veggies and put them in BPA free tupperware. I topped with grated raw cheese and when the salmon was poached through, threw that on top of the veggies.
So breakfast and lunch came together within 30 minutes. It was very filling, there were a ton of vegetables under the salmon.

It's funny, when people eat complete junk, even if they eat a lot of it, they're often hungry soon after. This is because your body isn't getting enough nutrients from the food. Sure, I only had three eggs and salmon with buttered veggies and cheese so far today, but I haven't been hungry. I haven't craved other food (including carbs and sugar). I am satiated!

So I just thought I'd share with you an easy meal to throw together. This can easily be done with chicken, or other veggies. It's filling and quick to make when you're in a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment