Monday, August 22, 2011

weekend recap

This weekend was pretty awesome, but it started out pretty sucky. I felt bad all day at work, it literally hurt to move my eyeballs. I was dehydrated. I went home and made a veg juice (7 carrots, a head of romaine, half a tomato, half a lemon)


 and instead of going out (which was my original plan) I laid in bed all night and watched movies. I'm glad I did, because I felt a lot better come Saturday.

Saturday I was planning on having a Dani day. Dani day was going to consist of getting my tire fixed, going to the farmers market, going to Ulta, hitting up American Apparel, grocery shopping at Trader J's, maybe getting my nails done and then meeting up with my vegan friend, Scott to go to the Strike Anywhere show. Dani day got off to a slow start. I needed to get one tire changed. I arrived at the tire place at 11, thinking it would take about an hour. I left around 1:45. The farmers market is over at 1. So instead of that, I went nuts in Ulta and bought a bunch of awesome stuff, got a dress at American Apparel and grocery shopped at Trader J's. Still a pretty good day. Scott and I were going to go to Founding Farmers before the show but they couldn't get us in until 10, so we went to a Japanese/Thai place that I can't remember the name of. I got a seafood salad.


It was pretty bomb. Squid, scallops and shrimp in a spicy lime dressing.

Sunday was the Nationals game and I was helping my friend, Tasha do a promo at the game for Honest Tea. Honest Tea seriously has the best tea ever. It's actually brewed (not like other companies that use powdered mixes), their tea is organic, it's low in sugar and high in antioxidants. And it just tastes awesome. I also support them because they're a local business based out of Bethesda, MD. I just really like them all-around as a company.

So after the promo Nick, Scott and I hit up the Nats game (Tasha had a meeting to attend). I got some beers. Here's the view:



I love going to Nats games. It was really fun but we unfortunately didn't get to stay for too long due a monsoon hitting DC. It happens. I was actually stoked on this because Scott and I got to go to Founding Farmers for dinner. I got the scallops with butternut squash risotto.


Super good. The scallops were cooked perfectly. I wonder what oil they used to cook them in (I'm obviously hoping it wasn't soy or canola). The meal did taste buttery, but I thought it could've been much improved by more butter. I think this about all meals. Literally. I would've taken a picture of Scott's food, but he's vegan. So who cares. Processed soy on my blog? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment