Friday, August 26, 2011

easy grain-free lunch

This post is totally uninspired. It's Friday, I'm bored at work and I want to get out of here! I'm going to a dance party that my friends are DJing tonight at the Velvet Lounge and I am so ready to dance my face off. I love dancin'. I'm not so great at it (I'm white) but I definitely like to do it. I was going to go to the beach tomorrow but Irene has gotten in the way of that. Instead, I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Hoping that the storm is not too severe, that everyone remains safe and no one gets hurt, hoping the power doesn't go out, all while hoping I somehow get Monday off.  We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I have a lil' recipe jam for all the people who say they don't have enough time to make food for themselves. I started this recipe for lunch at 7 am this morning, and I was putting it in (BPA-free!) Tupperware by 7:20.

-1 can organic diced tomaters
-half an onion
-4 carrots
-1/4 head of broccoli
-chicken
-butter
-spices (whichever you prefer, I used chipotle powder)

Seriously, this is as easy as tossing everything in a pot, turning it on medium high, covering it and letting it simmer. I prepared breakfast, tea, and water bottles in the meantime. I mean really, how easy is that? You don't have time...or you're lazy? Let's get real here.


I brought an avocado to top it with. Because avocados are tight.


Here's to hoping that the rest of the workday goes by fast for everyone. And that you're all safe this weekend. And that you all have tons of fun! DANCE PARTY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment