Monday, August 1, 2011

Shannon's turkey burgers

On Saturday Nick, Dale and I headed over to our friends Wes and Shannon's new digs for a little cookout. We started out with some drinks


I love Landshark! It's such an appropriate summer beer. And then I had some turkery burgers (plural because I ate 1/3 of my first one before dropping it on the floor like the graceful girl that I am).


This burger was so  good! I got the recipe from Shannon to share with ya'll.

1 lb of ground turkey (dark meat)
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup italian flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoon ketchup 
1 egg
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 small onion grated or finely minced
1/2 cup of pecorino or parmesan cheese
Shannon is a really good cook. This was actually a meatball recipe that she turned into a burger recipe. Wes grilled 'em up to perfection and topped them with raw cheese from Heyer's farm. I. Want. More.
We hung out some more and then decided we were all going to go out. So the ladies took the party upstairs to get ready. I love these girls, it was some of the most fun I've had just "getting ready" with them.
Attempt #1

A little better...


Katie D, me, Jackie. Wish Shannon was in this photo, but clearly Jackie is the best aspect of it.


No words.


Me and my gorgeous girlfran, KTD.

Turns out we just ended up hanging around the house some more. Where I snapped these gems


Nick, me, Joel. Nick taking a picture of someone taking a picture.


Charles and Shannon. I love her dress!


Joey and Nick being...Joey and Nick. *That whiskey shirt Nick is wearing is actually Mike's, and my grandmother bought it for him. No shortage of ridiculousness in these here parts.


I have no idea why Dale makes these faces.


Sunshine and I!

What an awesome night.

No comments:

Post a Comment