Thursday, August 11, 2011

LASAGNA NIGHT!

Lasagna night was tiiight. And much more boozy than I had anticipated. We had three big bottles of red and two six packs. I got giggly.

Ingredients:
-2 lbs ground beef (I actually use ground beef with organs and didn't tell them. I fed ya'll suckas organs)
-tomato paste
-1 jar of favorite sauce
-half an onion
-4 cloves of garlic
-2 16 oz bags mozzarella
-lasagna noodles
-2 tubs of cottage cheese
-2 eggs
-parsley
-handful of cherry tomatoes (optional)
-butter

Sautee the meat, 3 cloves garlic, cherry tomatoes and onions in a bit of butter. Add tomato paste and parsley. Set aside.


In a blender, or in a bowl, add the cottage cheese, two eggs, garlic and parsley. You can mash it in a bowl, but I mixed it all up in the beloved Vitamix. I really, really miss that baby since moving out. It is amazing.


Get your other ingredients in order.


No boil lasagna noodles. I usually use rice noods, but these are serious time savers and they're also all Trader J's had. I put sauce in the bottom of each baking dish, dipped the noodles in the cottage cheese mix, topped with meat, topped with cheese and then topped again with the sauce. Baked in the oven for about 45 minutes, covered on 350.


They came out awesome! Totally melty and delicious. Tasha also made zucchini that went unphotographed.


Sooo good.

So lasagna night was in honor of this lasagna lover:


We hung around, talked, had some drinks. Mike Green made an appearance. We're bros.


Nick killed some flies with his fly killer thing.


We ate some brownies I made for my intern who left yesterday, but ended up not bringing them to work because they completely turned into a brownie mound.


I mean really, it was just a pile of brownie.


But it got good reviews! Not that I can take credit, as it was a box mix from Trader J's. How does one eff up a box mix? I manage to, because I suck that badly at baking. But it was an awesome night. I love my friends!

Tomorrow I took off work to go to a Lasik appointment and I'll also be getting my hairs done. Stoked! And then it's a birthday dinner for a friend, and then I'm off to the Outer Banks! This will be the first time I've been to the beach all summer and I am beyond excited. I love the Outer Banks! Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment