Friday, September 23, 2011

The other night Scott and I went to Ping Pong Dim Sum in Chinatown. It was awesome. It's like Asian Tapas. I got the shrimp joints, green because of chives, which I actually couldn't taste at all.


Shrimp, crab and mushroom jam. Couldn't taste the shrooms.


And the healthiest thing I got, calamari salad. Tons of fresh ginger, cilantro, carrots, calamari, etc. Do you know how pungent and spicy raw ginger is? Not so great, but it was good for me so I ate it up.


After that we saw Straw Dogs. Not the best movie but it was a fun night overall.

The next morning I made a terrible decision. Like, dumb ass status. For breakfast, I ate a sticky bun and sweet and salty cookie from Sticky Fingers.


Delicious? Yes. Especially the cookie. Let me just tell you what all that wheat and sugar did. MADE ME STUPID. My head was SO cloudy. All day long, until around dinnertime. Seriously, my head felt like it was spinning and I had absolutely no mental clarity. At least I had a healthy dinner. Bacon and eggs from the farm! With mushrooms sauteed in the bacon fat, and tomato salad ('maters, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, raw cheese).


What's up grain free dinner.


I made extra tomater salad to snack on at work. I just ate it.


Tomorrow we are all going to the Renaissance Festival for Joel's birthday! I'm SO excited. Last year when we went, Mike and I immediately sat down and grabbed some food. I got oysters and he got crab dip. And beer, duh. The food was so good, and we hung out there for several hours, as random people all dressed up would sit down and hang out with us (without breaking character). It was so great. I'm so stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment