Wednesday, September 14, 2011

hot dogs and probiotics

Dinner last night came together pretty quickly. Mainly because I didn't really make anything, but that's still okay. I bought these uncured, organic hot dogs. I'm unsure of the brand but they're definitely sold at Whole Foods, Trader J's, Yes!, MoM's, etc. I quickly warmed them in a pan on medium high heat with coconut oil. I served them with fermented sauerkraut I got from the farm. We should all make more of an effort to eat fermented anything. Fermented food provides so many beneficial probiotics. I can't stress the importance of probiotics enough. They prevent illness, everything from the common cold to cancer. They alleviate IBS. They improve your skin. Fight candida. Kill pathogenic and bad bacteria in your gut. Boosts your immune system. I like to eat my probiotics because it's more effective than probiotics in pill form (this also goes for vitamins). Anyway, so hot dogs and sauerkraut.


Served with the last little bit of my organic ketchup and some lima beans with butter I made over the weekend.


I realize a lot of people are sketched out by sauerkraut. I ate it when I was younger so I am not one of those people. But you can ferment pretty much anything. I've even fermented my own salsa. And I've been finding a lot of fermented foods at farmers markets, I think they're making a comeback. Anyway, eat more of them!! Gotta get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment