Friday, September 2, 2011

da weekend

The other night I headed over to Mike, Nick and Dale's house to make some tomato bisque. Why? Because Mike is in possession of my beloved Vitamix. I don't know why I call it mine, when clearly it is his, because I bought it for him. Anyway I made a new tomato bisque using:

-1.5 onions
-5 cloves garlic
-ton of butter
-4 heirloom tomatoes
-lots of basil
-1/2 cup spaghetti sauce of choice
-1 can diced tomatoes
-red pepper flakes
-pecorino romano
-lots of raw cream

I sauteed the onions, garlic and tomatoes before added them to the Vita with everything else.


While I was there Mike was also cooking. A Yes! Organic Market just opened in our 'hood and he found some mung bean pasta. I bought mung bean pasta this past winter and we were really stoked to find out it has an amazing protein content. So he made a pasta sauce by simmering the following:

-2 red peppers
-4 tomatoes
-1/2 red onion
-6 cloves garlic
-1 habanero pepper
-1/4-1/2 cup organic soy sauce
-1/8-1/4 cup sriracha sauce
-1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
-1/4-1/2 cup white wine

He blended it all up in the Vitamix until smooth and then added crab to it. And served it over the mung bean noodles.


It was pretty bomb. I added lots of pecorino romano.


This weekend I'm going to Chincoteague with Scott! They have wild horsies! How tight is that?! I'm really excited to go and get some beach action. Tonight we might go to Busboys and Poets. I'm really hoping it's nice enough to sit outside. Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend! I'm actually really sad that Labor Day sort of signifies the end of summer. But this weekend will be awesome and there are lots of good things to look forward to in Fall...Renn Fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment