Wednesday, September 7, 2011

chincoteague!

I started off the weekend with Scott by going to Busboys on Friday night. I got the meatloaf


And Scott got this tempeh panini thing. Since tempeh is fermented soy and not so bad for you, I took a picture.


The weekend in Chincoteague Island, VA was amazing. Chincoteague is quiet, quaint and gorgeous. I loved the old Victorian style houses and the fact that it wasn't a party town (like Ocean City). There are several independently owned shops. Both Sunday and Monday we hit up a coffee shop (I got water) that sold really beautiful home decor. Scott bought me a gorgeous bowl that I'll fill with food and take pictures of, to make my food appear more attractive. We got there Saturday and laid on the beach for several hours. This is one of my favorite things to do.  We played in the water some but it was kind of cold, and windy. For dinner we went to Bill's Seafood. I can't really vouch for Scott food (spaghetti) but my soft shell crabs were amazing. I got them broiled and they were really just perfect. I wanted to abandon my cell phone for most of the weekend so I didn't get many pictures. 

The next day we went to Sea Star Cafe. It is a stand that sells soups, salads and sandwiches. We got a couple so we could eat on the beach later that day. We spent all day on the beach and in the water. I got a crucial sunburn but I don't even care. Totally worth it. For dinner we went to Don's seafood restaurant. It was pretty bad. Of course I got pictures of the bad food and not the good food.

Cream of crab soup.


Seafood platter.


Not so good at all. But the restaurant was pretty run down, and there was an obnoxious drunk lady making an ass out of herself. So I liked it. How can you not enjoy that kind of towny entertainment?

Sunday we went back to the coffee shop, and back to Sea Star Cafe.


Sandwich with dijon, brie, swiss, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms, and banana peppers. So good. I wish bread wasn't so terrible, I really dig sandwiches.

I really can't do the weekend justice in this blog post. It was just so gorgeous and super relaxing. I'm so glad we went and I had an amazing time. Once we were home we hit up Hanami for dinner.

I got the tuna tartar.


And an avocado salad.


Definitely one of the best weekends ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment