Tuesday, July 5, 2011

i'm baaack

Finally! My pictures will upload again! A lot of food has been consumed over the past week or so, but I'll start with an event I recently went to for a cookbook. The cookbook being Serve Yourself: Nightly Adventures in Cooking For One by Joe Yonan, the food editor of The Washington Post. The event was held at Cities and benefited DC area farmers markets. I went with Renee after work last Thursday, and took full advantage of the food being passed around.


Some Greek-type cucumber filled with tomatoes, olives, spices and feta.


Pita with spicy hummus and an eggplant round.


Some eggy shrimp thing (you like that description??) topped with tomatoes and peppers and tuna salad on crostini.


Chicken skewer.


Brownie.

Overall the food was really good. I just wish there had been more emphasis on organic, local and sustainable ingredients.  

On Friday I had dinner at Franklins, and got the spicy tuna salad. They change their menu based on the seasons, so I was really stoked to have this back. 


Sooo good.


Love super rare tuna.

Anyway, I have a lot more to catch up on but I'll get at it later today. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment