Friday, July 8, 2011

best side dish ever

Last night's dinner was half and half. Half my food, half food I bought out. I got a burger wrapped in lettuce with tomato, onion and pickles. I support Elevation Burger so I don't feel bad spending $6.50 there. Though I seriously need to stop eating out. I'm going to eat out for lunch today also, but I'm going to Teaism, so it won't be too bad. This morning I could've made my own breakfast, I was just too lazy. I had a bunch of tea with a ton of coconut oil, and a bunch of raw yogurt and honey. Nothing to hold me over until lunch. I just ate some eggs from the cafeteria upstairs. Never. Again. I am starting to realize that when I eat out, things that are not whole foods are really affecting me. The other day I got an omelete from upstairs, liquid eggs cooked in industrial oil-I wanted to die. Today I got scrambled eggs (which probably came in the form of weird liquid or dried powdered eggs, aka oxidized cholesterol, aka the bad kind) and again, I feel terrible. I mean seriously, I am so nauseated and I have a headache. So! My plan is to get back on track. I will do what I used to do without fail: plan my week accordingly and get my grocery shopping done on either Saturday or Sunday. First, I'm going to the farmers market in downtown Silver Spring, then I'm going to head to Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's is definitely not close to my house, but it is cheaper. And they have tons of organic products and produce at really reasonable prices. So whatever I can't get at the market, I'll get at Trader J's. I used this system when I actually lived in downtown Silver Spring (I miss it!) and it was awesome. There is no reason for me not to cook for myself. I make better food anyway. So, dinner. For dinner I had the burger with my new favorite side dish:
-spinach
-onions
-mushrooms
-butter
-pastured bacon from the farm


A ton of veggies.


Best. Dinner. Ever.


Burger with ketchup and mustard on the side, I use my own because it's organic.

I hope everyone's work days fly by and you all have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment