Monday, July 18, 2011

weekend recap

This weekend was ridiculous. More ridiculous than usual. And included the cracking of my iPhone. :(
But it started out well with happy hour at Acadiana. I got the oysters


And some fried green tomatoes topped with shrimp.


Good, but the tomato slices were way too thin. Like, paper thin. Kinda lame.

And since I couldn't get one of these (I forgot I lost my wallet, including ID):


I ordered even more food. Grilled shrimp skewers.


After dinner I headed home, and soon ended up at Franklin's with Mike, Nick and Tasha. Mike and I had some drinks while Tasha and Nick had dinner. It was fun, and afterward I headed to Stetson's on U st. for my buddy Ken's birthday.

On Saturday I made this:



Looks weird, I know. Spare ribs, can of tomatoes, carrots, onions, basil and mushrooms. Simmered for several hours.

And got one of these:


And then hung out with Mike and Nick for a bit before we headed out to McGinty's for Jennifer's birthday. Long story short, it was a shitshow. Happy birthday to one of my oldest and best friends!! And now I am tackling Monday. Hopefully the workday goes by quickly. Have a great workweek!

No comments:

Post a Comment