Wednesday, July 6, 2011

filet and the fourth

On Monday morning I woke up not particularly hungry. I'm a big fan of intuitive eating, and since I haven't worked out in a little bit, I wasn't going to force myself to eat. I did however drink a bunch of water, as I had some drinks the night before with Tasha, Nick and Dale. I wasn't hungover or anything, but I'm into staying hydrated. It was a really nice morning, I studied and got a lot of school work done. Around 12 the hunger hit. I remembered that Mike graciously gave me some filet mignon from the farm, so I figured July 4th lunch would be a good time to make it.

I sauteed a really decently sized filet in butter. I only seared it on each side for about a minute or two. Not only do I think rare steak tastes way better than an overly cooked steak, it's also better for you. I'm actually trying to eat more of my meat raw. Yeah, I said it. It probably seems weird, but I assure you it's not. It's easier to digest, more enzymes are intact and people have been eatin' raw meat for ages. As long as it's properly sourced (ie: grass-fed) I'm not worried. Anyway, so I sauteed that baby in butter. I took it out of the pan, added some more butter, mushrooms and a ton of garlic. I sauteed it down and added a little milk. I topped the steak with this.






Super rare. It was so, so good. I spent the rest of the day studying and doing more stuff for school. Which was actually really enjoyable, even though I don't particularly enjoy learning about different enzymatic functions. At around 4 I headed out since I had to work a 4th of July event. We opened up our roof to employees and their families/friends, and since my office deals with events management, I got to work the event! It wasn't so bad, the view was nice.


Diggin' this lady's shirt.

So I hope everyone that celebrates the fourth had an awesome holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment