Wednesday, July 20, 2011

YOU CAN FARM!

Yesterday I got off work early to go to one of everyones' favorite places: the MVA. It wasn't too terrible, I was thankful to get off work early. I'll share my new license picture with you because it's too hilarious not to.


Who is a total fat face?! THIS GIRL!! Also, if you are not an organ donor, you might be an asshole.

I came home and made burgers. They are just so easy and delicious! I added a pound of ground beef with organs to an egg, worcestirshire and salt and pepper. I just tossed 'em in the over under the broiler. While they were cookin' I steamed the following:

-broccoli
-garlic
-cauli
-peas
-mushrooms

Once cooked through I let it cool a bit before adding a shit ton of butter and a little bit of milk.


I topped the burgers with raw cheese, and cut up half of a tomato (topped with basil, olive oil and s&p) to serve on the side.


Prettyyy delicious, and so much of the food came from the farmers market, including the tomatoes, basil and broccoli. The eggs, cheese, milk, butter and meat came from Rainbow Valley farm. Local eating!!

I spent the rest of the night trying to read an enzyme nutrition book for school, but gave up in favor of this book I borrowed from Mike:


Joel Salatin is my hero. I mean literally, if someone asked me who my hero is, I'd say Joel. He is so passionate and an all around amazing person. I'm not too far into the book yet but I already feel so inspired. I feel like I'm beginning the journey and the process toward my dream of owning my own farm. I know it will be extremely hard work, and I will have to read and gain a lot more experience, but I am so excited to do that.

Renee made a bunch of tomato soup and I am SO stoked to have it for dinner tonight. I might do up the whole tomato soup with grilled cheese...Have an amazing day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment