Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sticky Rice!

One of my all time favorite things to do is go out to dinner with my friends. My friends are awesome, and I love food, so it's naturally a perfect combination. I'd heard a lot of good things about this place called Sticky Rice and have been wanting to go for a while. So Mike, Nick, Tasha (my beautiful friend and Nick's girlfriend), Kait (my other beautiful friend) and myself headed out to Sticky Rice. There was a 40 minute wait (which turned into an hour and a half wait) but it was cool because we hung out at a bar nearby while we waited. Sticky Rice is an Asian-American fusion joint that boasts tasty sushi AND tater tots with their own special sauce. I mean really, tater tots and sushi? Freaking amazing. Kait and I decided to split a bunch of food, so we got a california roll topped with scallops, a spicy tuna roll with crunchy flakes and coconut shrimp noodles. Mike got the cali roll with scallops and tempura. Halfway through the meal Nick realized we didn't have taters, so we ordered some of those bad boys. I didn't get a picture, but not only were they amazing, the sauce was so effing good. I want to go back asap.
I started out with a jalapeno margarita, which I was hoping would have more spice.

Was still tasty.

Cali rolls topped with scallops that we already started to attack.

The amazing coconut shrimp noodles. I added soy sauce (wish it had been liquid aminos) and rooster sauce, which I adore and put on anything.

Nick and Tasha's rolls. That sauce is a drawn butter sauce. I think their rolls included spicy tuna and some other crazy things that are making me hungry.
Mike's tempura was awesome. Whatever sauce they put on it was delicious.

After dinner we headed back out to the bar we originally started at, The Red Palace. There we met up with some of our other friends and had drinks and hung out for a while. Mike and I attempted to take this picture:

You can always tell when he's sauced in pictures if he is smiling ear to ear and has a cigarette behind one of them. He kicked that yucky habit years ago and sticks to his e-cigarette, but the battery died and he wanted a cig with his drinks. Grosssss. At least it's a very, very rare occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment