Friday, February 4, 2011

Mmmmm pasta

I LOVE pasta. I've seen some bloggers say things along the lines of "I've never had much of a taste for pasta..." and I think...are you effing kidding me? I have always loved pasta, especially in the form of Italian and/or Thai food. I'm all about spaghetti, alfredo, creamy mushroom sauces, tart tomato sauces and I freakin' love pad Thai. Unfortunately, most pasta comes from refined wheat or rice, with no nutritional value and just clogs up your insides. I try to stay away from gluten, so I recently started buying Tinkyada brown rice pasta. I can't tell the difference between them and whole wheat. Maybe it's a little stickier. But it pretty much tastes the same. I don't eat that much pasta, but I really enjoy it when I do. I recently made cheesy chicken in a creamy tomato sauce and put it on top of rice pasta with cheese. I served it with a large salad full of avocado...and lima beans (I was hungry!). It. Was. Awesome. Also, most people haven't been exposed to lima beans. I was one of them until my first Thanksgiving with Mike's family, and I got to experience the amazingness that is lima beans drowned in butter. Oh. Holy. Jesus. I don't know what exactly it is about this simple recipe but it blows my mind.
For the Chicken:
-1 cup spaghetti sauce
-half cup cream
-garlic powder to taste
-cubed mozzarella
-several small chicken breasts
Sear the chicken on each side in some butter. Then mix all of the ingredients together in a baking dish and put in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes, check regularly.
Salad:
-Figure it out. Add avocados.
Pasta:
Boil pasta according to directions. Drain and mix with butter and cheese. S&P.
LIMA BEANS:
-frozen organic lima beans (taste way better)
-3/4 stick butter
-S&P
Put lima beans in pot and cover with water, add butter and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then simmer them on the stove until you're too hungry and can't wait anymore. I try to wait at least an hour. When they're almost done take the top off and let some of the water evaporate.
Then you get this:
The kitchen and living room were occupied. So yeah, that's my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment