Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Better For You Fried Rice and Japanese Ginger Salad

I was feeling pretty Asian last night. Maybe it's because I saw a picture of my old coworker with an Asian baby (which are so cute). But I got really inspired to recreate the ginger dressing on the green salads at sushi joints. It's probably one of my favorite salad dressings, but unfortunately, it's no secret that I suck at salad dressings. It's definitely Mike's job to concoct the dressings, as mine usually taste like butt. However, no more! This one was actually successful!
Ginger Salad Dressing
-garlic
-fresh ginger
-olive oil
-raw honey
-liquid aminos
-s&p
-water to thin out
I just combined all of this in the Vitamix. It's such a great salad dressing because garlic is anti bacterial (and helps kill of yeast), ginger is great for digestion, raw honey is anti microbial.

Healthified Fried Rice:
-organic brown rice
-raw butter
-2 eggs
-onion
-cabbage
-snap peas
-garlic
-liquid aminos

Cook the rice, sautee the onions/cabbage/peas/garlic in butter and toss together with liquid aminos. Add pepper flakes for desired spiciness.

No comments:

Post a Comment