Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Love!

This post is a little late, but when I got home after work a couple weeks ago I was so stoked to find a big box waiting for me. Mike's birthday present to me!!!

I GOT AN AEROGARDEN!
I've been trying to grow my own herbs for years and have consistently killed ALL of them. I've wanted to grow my own herbs and veggies forever, but with DC's climate and my lack of a green thumb, I've never gotten around to it. Plus I always forget to water them. And there's no good spot for sun in my house really. And they die. The Aerogarden waters my plants AND gives them light. It's funny because with spring coming up, just that day I was researching gardening.
So awesome.

Some of my herbies.
I've got a couple different kinds of basil, dill, mint, thyme, oregano and can't remember what else. It didn't come with cilantro but since we love it and eat it all the time (and since it removes toxic heavy metals from your body!) we're also going to grow that. I'm so excited, I can't wait for these babies to sprout. I'm going to make so much delicious stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment