Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's My Birthday! I'm 23!

I've gotten so many birthday wishes today and it's made me super happy! I also got a really sweet card from my coworkers that made my day. I'm not THAT into my birthday anymore, I don't care too much about having a party or anything. I might go out tomorrow with my family and some friends, and I'm content to do that, along with the Super Bowl this Sunday. I'm going to make 23 the best year of my life (and then 24, 25, 26, etc) and really just be content. I really like that saying, "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it." I couldn't agree more. I'm definitely too sensitive sometimes, I let things make me angry or annoy me way too easily. But I'm just not going to do it anymore. Life is short, and I'd rather spend it being happy, which is a lot more fun. Last night I got kind of blown when Mike and I found out that it wasn't suggested we take the puppy (we're getting a puppy!) out of the continental US. We're supposed to go on a vacation and I was planning for Puerto Rico. Immediately I thought, where the hell else are we going to go in May? Mike won't go anywhere without waves, North Carolina will be too cold, California is out, Florida has sucky waves. I tried to push it aside, and I just went to sleep. Today I decided instead of being pissed off and calling off the trip, I'd research where we could go. Alas, Cocoa Beach, Florida! It's warm, it's quaint, there's surf. I'm super excited to plan for it and I'm so glad I let go of the anger. I think it's a lot easier to be pissed off or depressed than it is to be happy. Happiness takes work, but it's good work and it's definitely worth the effort. So, what makes me happy? Chocolate chip cookies. Exceppttt...they're usually filled with refined sugar and wheat...and vegetable oil. Gross. So I made my own and brought them into work today!

Despite the fact that I undercooked them (a lot) they were really good. Even my coworkers liked them. They are also gluten free which is a definite plus and easy to make.

Ingredients:

Put in the oven at 350 for 8 minutes and enjoy. Also, coconut flour is not only gluten free, but low carb and high fiber and protein. Heck yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment