Thursday, March 15, 2012

food log

A random food log. I actually did not record everything I consumed, but you get the idea.

So, as an assignment for school I have to document everything (every. single. thing) I put in my body for five days. I figure this will also help me stick to my guns with my usual eating habits, even though it's currently 9 AM and I really want sushi. I considered going to the cafeteria in my building to get it, but am going to stick with my usual eggs instead. Maybe I'll get it for lunch though, since I only have a chicken leg and cauliflower, both of which I ate yesterday, and the latter of which tastes like effing dish soap. Back to the point.

Wednesday 2/29:
Supplements: two total mineral tabs, two krill oil pills, 1 500 mg folic acid and 1 acidophilus probiotic pearl
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled organic/pastured eggs with mustard and detox tea with some kombucha (75% of which spilled in my purse, so about 8 oz)
Lunch: 1 salmon avocado roll, 1 tuna avocado roll, both dipped in rooster sauce
Dinner: a bowl of mussels in tomato broth from Busboys and Poets and a salad (plus one bite of Jennifer's brie cheese sandwich), with three glasses of organic cabernet sauvignon, plus water
Late night: kinda tipsy from the wine, got a burger with lettuce, onion and tomato from Elevation, so it was grass-fed but I forgot to tell them no bun (which I took off myself), I cut off about 1/4 of it and ate it with some fries that were fried in olive oil and organic ketchup
Before bed: one glass of raw milk
Drank a 24 oz bottle of water with some kombucha and 3 drops of grapeseed extract before getting home around 5:30.

Thursday 3/1:
Breakfast: 1.5 glasses of raw milk (due to wine consumption I decided to fast until lunch)
To drink: super anti-oxidant green tea and pau d'arco tea with 3 drops of grapeseed extract, total about 24 oz (just missed my mouth and spilled this down my shirt)
Supplements: two total mineral tabs, two krill oil pills, 1 500 mg folic acid and 1 acidophilus probiotic pearl
Lunch: rest of grass-fed burger with LTO and fries, plus a salad
Drank 24 oz of water with 3 drops of grapeseed extract before getting home
Dinner: grass-fed filet mignon with a side of sprouted/organic corn enchiladas- filled with organic peppers and onions and organic monterrey jack/gouda cheese topped with guacamole
More water, half glass of cabernet and five bites of organic vanilla ice cream

Friday 3/2:
Breakfast: Two pastured eggs from the farm cooked in grass-fed butter, with a bit of parmesan sprinkled on top and a few bites of raw grass-fed yogurt and raw honey
Supplements: two total mineral tabs, two krill oil pills, 1 500 mg folic acid and 1 acidophilus probiotic pearl and 1 vitamin D pill
24 oz of throat coat tea with grapeseed extract
10:30 snack raw yogurt with raw honey
Lunch: two enchiladas from night before, 4 pieces salmon sushi, two pieces of raw salmon
4pm snack: two pieces salmon sushi, two pieces raw salmon
24 oz water
Dinner: gluten-free rice pasta with mushrooms and carmelized onions in a crushed tomato sauce with splash of cream (from Pappa Razzi in G-town) with one glass of cabernet plus water

Saturday 3/3:
Breakfast: grass-fed steak, three eggs I didn't finish, two tomato slices and a small amount of hash browns, plus carrot juice, oh and a side of organic bacon
Supplements: two total mineral tabs, two krill oil pills, 1 500 mg folic acid and 1 acidophilus probiotic pearl
Lunch: grass-fed burger (no bun, used lettuce wrap) with cheddar, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and a side of fries cooked in olive oil with organic cheddar on top
Drank: glass of cabernet
Dinner: mussels, shrimp and scallops in a Thai sauce with white rice
Drank: glass of cabernet, one hard apple cider beer (gluten-free)
 
Sunday 3/4:
Breakfast: one pastured egg with grass-fed beef cooked in butter with onions, tomatoes and mushrooms, topped with gouda
Drank: raw veggie juice made with my juicer (kale, beets, carrots, lemon)
Lunch: gluten-free pizza (only ate half) with mushrooms, peppers and onions
Snack: 2 gf pizza slices
Dinner: tomatoes with basil and burrata, topped with olive oil, and a bunch of veggies (carrots, onions, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower) cooked in organic spaghetti sauce and topped with grass-fed beef with organs mixed in (liver, tongue, heart)
 
*I didn't list all the water I drank because I forgot, I carry a 24 oz water bottle and refill it throughout the day

2 comments:

  1. Loved the idea about journaling all things eaten. I sometimes write down generalities, but this post challenged me to pay more attention!
    About frying with olive oil, if the temp. reaches above 350 degrees it converts to 'bad' trans fatty acids which are hard for the liver to metabolize. Think coconut oil, butter or lard if frying to avoid those bad trans fats.
    Thanks for all the motivation!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really helped me realize everything I was eating, and just to be more aware in general. Love the tip about the other oils! I completely agree, unfortunately I was eating out and establishments love to spout off about the lack of saturated fats in "heart healthy olive oil." Haha

      Delete