Friday, March 2, 2012

enchilada night

Enchilada night!! My enchiladas were shaped more like tacos because of the small size of the sprouted corn tortillas I used. I don't eat grains too much but if you are going to eat grains or legumes they should be sprouted, soaked or fermented. This makes them more digestible. So I sauteed peppers, onions and cilantro, put that in the tortillas with some black beans (protein for Scott, and I soaked the beans) and topped with monterrey jack and gouda cheese. Plus enchilada sauce.


I had to have filet mignon with mine. First, because it's one of the best things I've ever eaten and probably could've cut it with a spoon. Second, for the protein, vitamins and minerals from a piece of grass-fed steak. Oh, we also had guac on the side. I may or may  not have eaten half an avocado with my fingers earlier in the night (primal, baby!).


Barely cooked steak. Easier to digest, enzymes intact.


Scott being Scott.


For lunch just now I had two leftover enchiladas. I also bought some salmon sushi because the enchiladas had very little protein. I'm assuming it's because I ate grains, but now I am exhausted. About to fall asleep at my desk. And it's not like I didn't sleep well last night. So, my point is: when eating things you don't normally eat, pay attention to how your body reacts to them. From there you can decide if the food you just ate is actually doing you any good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you're blogging again! I missed reading them! Love you!

    ReplyDelete