Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Filet Mignon with Veggies and the Importance of JUICE

I cannot stress enough the importance of raw veggies in your diet. Some juicing benefits:
  • to detoxify
  • to detoxify your blood and liver specifically
  • delivers antioxidants
  • full of enzymes
  • alkalize your body
  • improve hair and skin
  • energy (way better than coffee)
  • improve immune system
These are just some benefits among many. I find that when I'm juicing, I'm much more regular (which is wildly important). It gives me more energy and I feel a stronger sense of well being. Juicing provides enzymes, which are necessary to your body, and are often destroyed in the cooking process. Juicing also helps with my candida issues. It's estimated that around 80% of Americans have candida. And my issue with candida has been a struggle that I'm still fighting.
The great thing about juicing is that you can consume way more veggies than you would normally be able to in one sitting. Last night's juice consisted of:
  • 4 large carrots
  • whole head of romaine
  • 2 cups spinach
  • half cucumber
  • half beet
  • 5 stalks celery
  • a large handful of random salad greens
Do you know how long it would take me to eat all of that? Most people add some form of fruit to sweeten it up, but since I have candida, I opted out of fruit. Surprisingly, the carrot and beet sweetened it up enough. It was actually pretty awesome.
I took this picture from my deck.
For dinner Mike made filet mignon with asparagus and snap peas. I have no idea how that man makes steaks taste so good, but he's so much better at it than me. I think this steak was the best I ever had.

And because he is the sweetest, most adorable puppy in existence:
My baaaaby!

2 comments:

  1. HEY DANNY! I LOVE YOURE BLOG! YOURE DOG IS SOOOO COOL! I DONT LIKE TO EAT RAW FOOD BUT I LIKE TO COOK IT AND THEAN MAKE IT COOL DPWN SO I ESAT IT COLD AND ITS LIKE ITS TSILL RAW. SO WEARE THE SAME AND WE EAT THE SAMEW FOODS! PLEASE KEEP MAKING THE BLOG I AM LEARNING ALOT ABOT HOW TO EAT FOOD THATS RAW. I WANT TO BE A NUTRITINIST THAT CAN HEKLP PEOPLE! LOVE ANDY P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Although cooking your food and letting it cool down is not exactly the same...raw food is not to be cooked over 118 degrees. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again

    ReplyDelete