Tuesday, March 8, 2011

30 Day Challenge and Asian Shrimp Wrap

I saw this challenge on Love Veggies and Yoga and thought it'd be fun. I'm going to try to do the entire 30 days, answering each question everyday...minus weekends probably. But I'm going to start with number 2, we'll come back to number 1 at the end of the month.


Where I'd like to be in 10 years. I feel like most people would start this out with saying in ten years they'd like to be married. I don't care if I'm married or unmarried, what I care about is having a partner. Before I met Mike I never wanted to get married legally. I didn't want to institutionalize it. Now, after Mike, it doesn't really bother me either way. If the legality of it meant a lot to my partner I'd do it. But in 10 years I'd like to be happy. Living with him, maybe someplace warm and tropical. I'd like to own my own holistic nutrition business, in which I spent my days with other holistic nutrition nuts, helping people (especially the elderly, because I freakin' love old people, no joke). I'd like my days to be less dramatic than they are right now, and I'd like to spend more time in the sunshine and ocean. If I picture my life in 10 years and what I'd like to be doing, I'd like to be at my house, having a cookout with all of my friends in my backyard (a very common occurrence in the summer). I'd also like it if my dad and grandmother stopped eating crap and started listening to me about what they should eat. In 10 years I just want to be happy and in love.

Asian Snack:
(Sorry for the lack of a better picture, I ate this at my desk)

  • rice paper
  • carrots
  • rooster sauce
  • yogurt
  • lettuce
  • red onion
  • scrimps
Shred your carrot and mix with yogurt and rooster sauce. Chop lettuce. Slice onions. Emerge rice paper into warm bowl of water for 10 seconds. Take out. Add carrot mixture, top with lettuce, red onion and shrimps. Roll up.  
Eat halfway and take a picture:

I like to make this for appetizers at cookouts, and randomly when I'm craving it, like the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment