Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chicken/Rice/Beans/Veggies and My Views on Drugs and Alcohol

First: food. I'm all about the Mexican style food, so when I got home last night, I put one cup of rice, two cups chicken broth and some butta in the rice cooker while I worked out. I also poached chicken, to the water I added chipotle, chile, cumin and garlic powder. My new workout obsession is Body Rock. That girl is ripped, and I'm not that fond of working out, but her exercises are simple, quick and to the point. They also aren't easy, which I appreciate. After this, I chopped an onion and a mater and sauteed in butter. I added beans, cilantro, and all the spices I used to poach the chicken plus red pepper flakes. Once the chicken was done I shredded it and mixed in with some raw onion, tomato and cilantro. Avocado over chicken and veggies over rice:

Sorry for the teeny tiny photo.
And if you want some more recipes just mosey on over to Kelly's blog for some real food Wednesday recipes at Kelly the Kitchen Kop

So Mike found this bodyrock.tv for me and I'm really stoked to start working out daily. I also bought a jump rope because it's supposed to be great for cardio. People underestimate the value of working out. I don't mean just to make you look better, but to make you feel better. When I'm working out regularly my mood is definitely elevated. Same thing with food, if I'm eating regularly and eating well, I feel a million times better than when I'm not. This leads to my views on drugs and alcohol (the next question of this 30 day challenge). When I drink, which I do, I feel terrible the next day. Even if I don't drink very much, I notice the differences in my body. Alcohol is terrible for your mood and I often get what I dub "the anxiety hangover." The hangover that makes my heart race and puts me in a terrible, terrified mood. It's not good for me or the people around me. I've recently decided that when I go out, I'll have max 2-3 glasses of wine. I really love wine with my food but it's easy to drink a lot of it.

I think that drugs and alcohol can get out of hand easily, especially alcohol. I detest drug addicts and I have very little sympathy for them. This is because I've always grown up around drug addicts and alcoholics. That being said, I think alcohol can be just as dangerous as any drug. I don't really consider weed a drug. And I actually don't smoke it. I can't comprehend those anti weed commercials, why aren't there more anti drinking, or crack, or meth commercials? Especially drinking. I know that drinking was very prominent at my high school, and kids often got drunk and drove their cars, or got drunk and got into fights. I've never seen someone get high and get into a fight. Ever. I also think that way too many people are being killed in the "war on drugs."And for what? I really don't see the results of that "war." So those are my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment