Thursday, December 8, 2011

vitamin packed primal veggie soup

Scott is sick. I maintain it's because he is not primal (he could be a primal vegetarian, I'm not asking him to eat meat). He just eats a lot of processed foods. It's part of being a vegan (this is a general statement, but I've never in my life read a vegan blog or met a vegan whose diet was not mostly made up of processed soy and wheat). But, he's been working on it and has made great progress. Anyway, he has sinus issues (which usually stem from an overgrowth of candida). So, being the awesome girlfriend that I am, I had some of this:


And cooked his sick ass some soup.


Ingredients:
(all organic, duh)
-1 box of veggie stock from Whole Foods
-1 can diced tomatoes
-1 large onion
-3 carrots
-2 stalks celery
-1/4 jar of spaghetti sauce
-kale
-cabbage
-1 head of broccoli
-celery salt
-garlic powder


I made brown rice tortillas on the side, his filled with Daiya, mine with muenster. I really need to stop eating rice products. It's the only grain I'll eat consistently. And I don't know why I do it, it doesn't really agree with me.

And shit got Christmassy.


Lovers.



I love it! I'm really in the holiday spirit this year. I am so stoked to drop a bunch of money on gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment