Tuesday, December 27, 2011

preparatory cookin'

The other night, I cooked my face off. I'd just gone grocery shopping, and knew that since I'd be spending the night at Scott's I'd need to bring extra food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And tupperware food at that, so I could lug it from my house to his house to work. Dinner was an unpictured piece of salmon (cooked until just past raw) and broccoli covered in grass-fed butter. Then I got down to it. I steamed one head of cauli and one potater.


Added it to the food processor with butter.


Using the same pot I used to steam, I added carrots, an onion, 1 pound of ground beef WITH ORGANS and a little bit of organic spaghetti sauce.


I sauteed until it wasn't entirely cooked and added the cauliflower mash on top.


Yes.


Put it in the oven on 400 for 20 minutes.


I have a ton of leftovers, and it's freaking awesome. Shep pie is great not only because you can use one pot, but ti makes a lot of food. Helpful if you have a family.

After that I made Eat The Cookie's carrot cake pancakes. I used cashews instead of walnuts, omitted most of the spices and used baking soda instead of baking powder.


All ingredients into the food processor.


Cooked in coconut oil.


A real pancake!


With real maple syrup. I just wanted to test it out so I only made a small one. To the batter I added another 1/4 cup of almond flour and another egg so I could take it to Scott's and have breakfast. Pretty awesome. Since I started eating this way I've really realized the importance of coming prepared. Not only so I don't have to buy crappy food that makes me feel like shit, but also so I don't have to waste my money on it. And I always make sure I have enough food, because I don't particularly like feeling super hungry. Preparation, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment