Tuesday, December 13, 2011

vegan oatmeal pancakes

A little while ago Scott and I made vegan pancakes. I looked up some recipes that I ended up altering because they sucked. Soy milk? Get real. Egg replacer? Gross. So this is what we used:
-1 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
-1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-2 tablespoons ground flax
-1 tablespoon raw honey
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 1/4 cup almond milk (better than soy milk, not as good a raw whole milk)

First, Scott ground the oats in a blender. Then, he added the other ingredients. He randomly had a pancake pan, so he put coconut oil on it before adding the pancake batter.


How pretty is that pancake?? I can never make them look that good.


And cover them in pure maple syrup, preferably from a farmer.


If you want enough for two people, double the recipe. I only had a few bites of these and Scott had the rest. It made about 4 pancakes. I am not a fan of the super doughy pancakes that sit like a brick in your stomach, but I really liked these. I thought they were so, so good and I kind of want some right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment