Wednesday, October 19, 2011

occupy philly and sweet freedom

This past Saturday Scott and I went to Philly. Not for anything special, but just because I'd never been to Philly. I've also never had a Philly cheese steak. And since I wasn't about to eat some CAFO raised meat, I searched the interwebs for a grass-fed cheese steak. So I was pretty stoked when I came across Marathon, a restaurant that had grass-fed cheese steaks made with their homemade cheese whiz. So that was our first stop.


On the walk back to the car we heard chanting and saw a ton of people. I was so stoked that we'd stumbled upon Occupy Philly!


I completely support the Occupy movement so we joined in and marched with the 99%. It was pretty tight.


There's also a bakery up there that I've been dying to go to since I heard about them. They're soy free, gluten free, vegan, corn free, refined sugar free, etc. They even use coconut oil!


I was so, so stoked to go here. I got a vanilla cupcake, a pumpkin cupcake with maple frosting and an oatmeal cookie sandwich with frosting in the middle. Scott got a Samoa cupcake and a chocolate chip cookie sandwich with frosting in the middle.


I loved it! The goods were way more dense than regular desserts, but that isn't to say they weren't still delicious. They were just gluten-free. I wish I had more. And I wish that they set up shop in DC. After spending the day in Philly and walking/people watching up and down South Street (umm, I loved this place) we headed home for the Caps game.


Which we also won! Such a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment