Thursday, January 20, 2011

Simple, Healthy Breakfast

Morning time is not my most glorious time of day. I’ve always been more of a night owl, even though it is hard for me to sleep past 8 or 9 am. Even if I wake up and I’m not that tired, my bed is just so comfy I don’t want to get out of it. Since the new year I’ve been making an effort to get up earllier for a couple of reasons. So I’m not rushed, or late to work, have time to fix breakfast and my green juice and lunch if it’s not already made, time to make tea if I want. Mike has started getting up earlier also to start his workout regimen. So today I’ve decided to stop being such a lazy bum in the mornings and I’ll do some exercize too. Once I figure out what that is exactly, I’ll update you.
I haven’t yet posted about breakfast. Lately I’ve been all about smoked salmon, eggs, tomatoes and red onions. But I ran out of smoked salmon by Wednesday and that stuff is pricey. I like to start my morning out with protein, it keeps me fuller longer and gives me energy without a ton of carbs that my body will turn into fat. This morning was simply scrambled eggs topped with salsa. That’s it. So easy. So delicious.
So sideways.

No comments:

Post a Comment