Monday, November 21, 2011

newnew eating

I've recently started an overhaul of my health and what I'm putting into my body. Of course I was conscious of what I bought and ate, but was still too lenient. I'd often have gluten, sugar, refined oils and beer. I think that we all try to maintain a healthy balance, and live an overall healthy life with the idea that "once in a while won't hurt." Unfortunately, once in a while is a slippery slope, and I found myself eating junk almost once everyday. While other people may be able to maintain a healthy body while doing this, I'm not one of them. I see and feel the effects. So basically, I've been doing the following:

-remove gluten entirely
-cut out all grains with random exceptions (sometimes I have a bit of Scott's raw Sun Warrior rice protein, but it is organic and not so bad)
-drink a detox and super anti-oxidant green tea every morning
-up my intake of coconut oil (I was taking 4 tbsps a day, but now it sort of makes me nauseous)
-eat mainly protein, veggies and fat
-take the following supplements daily
  • beta carotene
  • folic acid
  • b12
  • grape seed extract
  • vitamin D
  • vitamin C
  • indole-3-carbinol
  • I think that's it...
And now I am pretty sure I'm experiencing detox symptoms. When yeasts and other toxins are released too quickly it is common to experience detox symptoms. I'm short of breath, anxiety, foggy-headed and generally just feel off. To remedy some of this I'm going to take an epsom salt bath tonight, which is supposed to help. Epsom salt baths remove toxins through your skin. Pretty tight.

But aside from all of this, things have been good lately.

Scott and I went to Busboys and Poets sometime last week. I got the gluten-free cornmeal crusted chicken. It was awesome.


After that he took me to see We Came As Romans, a band his company manages. They were really good, I've actually heard them before but was stoked to see them play. I'd definitely suggest checking them out. We also saw Asking Alexandria. So that was a good night.


I made meatballs for lunch the next day.


And at some point made dinner at his house that consisted of veggies in taco seasoning and chili powder, topped with some Daiya, and served with guacamole. I had turkey with mine, he had tempeh with his.


This weekend we went to brunch at Circa. I got a simple breakfast of egss and bacon:


And we rounded out the weekend with dinner last night at Busboys and Poets. I really love B&P. I got a grass-fed burger with swiss and mushrooms (no bun) and a salad. I've also cut out cheese for the most part, but figured some swiss on my burger would be good.


We also shared fries and grilled asparagus. BOMB.


OH! And we saw the Foo Fighters last weekend! They were amazing. Dave Grohl is so tight, and from Springfield. He's an awesome performer, it was such a great show.


I wish we were friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment