Monday, March 19, 2012

dani lately

I've neglected updating because I've been super busy lately. I have to finish two human resources classes (but just got an extension on one!!) and also am still doing the clinical nutrition schoolwork, and I had a lot of stuff to do at work. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It's life, I just didn't have time to update. It feels awesome to have gotten the extension and to have finished a lot of stuff at work. Anyway, so here are some recent eats. I made almond bread (from the Gut and Psychology Syndrome book). I topped one piece with mustard, safflower mayo (not ideal, I admit), red onion and organic turkey, and the other with butter and an egg. Fermented sauerkraut on the side. It's so important to eat fermented foods! Gotta get that gut flora in check!


Not the best pictures.


Here's a dude on the side of the road playing guitar.


I made my tomato bisque recently. I cut in half and deseeded about 10 tomatoes, put them in the oven on 400 for about 10 minutes. They then looked like this:


I pureed this in the blender with carrot and onion I had cooked down in butter. I added basil, a little bit of spaghetti sauce and raw cream.


On the side was white rice bread with gouda and avocado, as well as mushrooms I had marinated in liquid smoke and worcestershire.


I cooked the mushrooms on 400 for about ten minutes also. Scott said they might've been the best he's ever had.

I also juiced a lot. I've gotten back into this because it's so essential! It's really detoxifying for the body.


Scott and I have been getting up early to go to a 9 AM brunch at Founding Farmers. I got salad with organic eggs and bacon, which is really an ideal breakfast. This was so good, and I was happy that their side salad wasn't skimpin' on veggies. It even had avocado.


So that's the food as of late. I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment