Tuesday, January 3, 2012

new years resolutions

First, I'll say that 2011 was amazing. I wrote out a whole post, but it apparently disappeared (thanks, blogger). 2011 was amazing not because shitty things didn't happen (they definitely did) but because as I'm getting older I'm learning to accept the negative things that happen, and appreciate all of the amazing things that happen too. I really believe that happiness is choosing to be happy. You can sit around and bitch about your problems and feel sorry for yourself, or you can do something about it and change your life.
  • To be the best girlfriend and friend to Scott
  • To workout more consistently
  • Do yoga
  • Eliminate all grains, sugars and processed dairy from my diet
  • To make more meals that are healthy for Scott
  • To prepare more meals at home for both Scott and myself
  • To meditate
  • To be thankful every single day
  • To continue to grow spiritually
  • To let go of stress, anxiety, fear and anger
  • To take my supplements religiously
  • To fast when we return from Panama
  • To travel more
  • To complete a Whole30 after the fast (and to some extent help Scott do the same)
  • To be more productive
  • To finish the HR grad classes
  • To finish the new nutrition within 4 months of starting
  • To make 2012 the best year of my life
  • To be the best version of myself
  • To do this challenge on Mark's Daily Apple
I'm so stoked to do the challenge on MDA because I feel like it will be such a great motivator. While I've got the eating down (mostly) I find working out to be SO tedious. But having a starting point, a picture, a goal and all the support from MDA readers will be amazing. I encourage anyone who is looking to change their lifestyle to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment